Friday 6 June 2008

Portland Headlight

Well yesterday I decided to take a break from applying to jobs and take my friend Sarah out for the day! It worked out for our friends Sharon and Erin to come along as well. The weather had been saying it would be cool, but sunny so we decided to head to the Portland Headlight or some know it as Cape Elizabeth. The sun never did come out, but at least it didn't rain. We had a great day walking around and taking pictures. The Portland Headlight was a fort along the coast for defense. Unfortunately between being on the ocean and the enduring the harsh winters they don't preserve that well. And for some reason many people can't seem to have respect for our history and have done quite a bit of spray painting on the remains of the fort. The Goddard mansion sets a little off fromt the shore, but is now fenced off since the remains are unsafe to walk around under.
The lighthouse here is the most photographed lighthouse in the world and is actually the lighthouse in my header for my blog. Which reminds me, thanks Greg, for taking the time to make that for me. I appreciate it. Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pics are beautiful! Soooo...little nephew?! How fun!

And yep, hospitals are definitely not pleasurable. Hope you find SOMEthing to do before you go insane ;)