Tuesday 12 June 2007

Well I Mowed Most Of My Lawn Today...

Well since i have yet to start work i have been doing different jobs for my parents. Today my job was to mow the lawn. You can see the wicked good job i did in the picture above! This section took me about an hour and a half to do. We have a new mower and it took me a little bit to figure it out, but i eventually showed it who was boss!! Though it did give me a very painful blister which has bothered me all day! Anyways, after this section was done i moved on around the back where my excitement for the day was to take place. As i was mowing i saw something slithering through the grass ahead of me. I ABSOLUTELY HATE SNAKES!!!!! They creep me out like no other animal yet i am completely fascinated by them as long as they are behind glass or on tv! WELL back to my story! So i see the snake making its run from my mower, but i sped up and got the better of him! hahahahahaha!!!! BUT WAIT!!!! Its still in one piece! I thought for sure it would be chopped up into little pieces so i ran over it once again!! To my great disappointment it is still in one piece even though it is dead so i run over it one more time and storm off!! Unfortunately i did not see the rock hidden in the grass nearby and i ran right over it! I kicked it off in disgust, but my mower seemed to make some weird noises every few seconds after that so i decided that i should finish the lawn another day. But a while later i was laying out by the pool and i had my mom go check out my snake and come to find out i had chopped the head right off!!! WAHOO!!!!!! Even though the snake was just a baby (as you can see from the pics) i am still quite proud of my kill! I just hope the momma doesn't come around anytime soon!!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nahnah,
You are too funny!! That grosses me out! I am so glad that I have never come across a snake while I have been mowing or doing anything else outside! Great job though, on your bravery to run over an kill it though, I don't think I would have done that. Also the lawn looked just beautiful! You did a very good job! I really enjoyed the pics and can't wait to hear what exciting adventures you can come with today! :-)
Take it easy and don't work too hard! Love you!
Neelhtac

sarah lauren said...

Hannah,

Loved the story...though I think you are quite viscious! That poor snake never had a chance. Then to just keep going over it...you are one sick chick. Just kidding. My dad always said, the only good snake is a dead snake!!
(((NUDGE)))

Unknown said...

Hannah, how could you be so...cold hearted? I mean, the thing was no bigger than a worm! Your grass is pretty green! I'll have to admit that you mowed it fairly otay. You just may put Mr. Nicely out of a job come next semester :) "Hannah, director of landscaping and snake killing." Can't wait to hear about your next amusement!
Like you lots,
Char